- Mountain Retail, LLC ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- We set out here the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we treat it.
- Who we are. Any information provided to or gathered from our site in the course of providing services to you is controlled by Mountain Retail, LLC, a limited liability company [with tax code ] formed under the laws of the State of New Hampshire, United States of America and our registered office is: 59 Optical Avenue, Keene, NH 03431, United States of America.
- INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
- We may collect and process the following data about you:
(a) Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.themountain.co.uk ("our site") or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number and financial and credit card information.
(b) Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
(i) technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and version, operating system and platform;
(ii) information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clocks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
(c) Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties, (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- We may collect and process the following data about you:
- A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
- We use the following cookies:
(a) Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
(b) Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
(c) Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
(d) Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site. More information on how to set your browser’s parameters in relation to cookies can be found here.
- All cookies for which your consent is required will be deleted from your device after 13 months.
- USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
- We use the information held about you in the following ways:
(a) Information you give to us. We will use this information:
(i) to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
(ii) to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
(iii) to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this by ticking the relevant box. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please do not tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
(iv) to notify you about changes to our service; and
(v) to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
(b) Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
(i) to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;<
(ii) to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
(iii) to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
(iv) as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
(v) to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
(vi) to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- We use the information held about you in the following ways:
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- If you make an order through our site we will share your information with our distribution partner based in the European Union who will fulfil your order. Our distribution partner is Something Different (Europe) Limited, a company incorporated in England.
- We may share your information with selected third parties including:
(a) Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the sole performance of any contract we enter into with you.
(b) Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
(c) Agents that we engage to perform functions on our behalf including fulfilling order deliveries, sending customer communications, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, processing payments and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
When we share your information with selected third parties they will process your information as either a data controller or as our data processor and this will depend on the purpose of our sharing your personal data. We will only share your personal data in compliance with the applicable data protection legislation. A list of our selected third parties with whom we may share your information is available by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
(a) In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
(b) If Mountain Retail, LLC or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- YOUR RIGHTS
- Even if you have accepted the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes (by ticking the relevant box), you have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for such purposes. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- ACCESS TO INFORMATION
- European Data Protection legislation gives you the right to access information held about you. Your rights to access, rectify such information, object or cancel the information we hold about you can be exercised at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Mountain & GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations)
- Manage your data – https://www.themountain.com/manage-your-data-gdpr
Know Your Rights Under GDPR
Your rights and your personal data Unless subject to an exemption [under the GDPR], you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which The Mountain holds about you;
- The right to request that The Mountain corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for The Mountain to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable)
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) [Only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics]
- The right to lodge a complaint with authorities. [Transfer of Data Abroad If the personal data is to be transferred to countries or territories outside the EU you must include details of how the data will be protected.]
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.